from Greensborosports.com and staff…..
1. Dudley 4-2: Coach Britton’s squad is poised to make a run after going into unbeaten Northwest Guilford and cementing their top position. They have team speed and agressiveness that tends to intimidate opposing teams.
2. Northern Guilford 5-1: This talented team went into South Carolina tournament and demolished some teams; With Samantha, Molly and Kelly leading the pack they could easily move into the number #1 position if Dudley stumbles. They have all the tools to win the State Championship.
3. Smith 4-1: This team is probably the best team in the area. They have good coaching and great talent throughout their line up. Getting off to a great start only validates the early season predictions. Their only downfall may be how are they going to act when a little bit of controversy hits. Other than that they have all the tools.
4.. Bishop McGuinness 3-0: Nothing changes with this team when it comes to winning. They lost Whitney Knight to transfer and Erin Thompson to Virginia and have not missed a step.
5. High Point Central 4-0: This is an exciting team to watch because they execute very well. With Cedrica Gibson, Brittany Gwynn, Aerial Harris and Megan Tate, they will win their conference and go deep into the playoffs.
6.Northwest Guilford 4-1: Have a veteran team that wins consistently during the regular season. Must find a way to beat more agressive quicker teams like the Dudley’s if they are going to make their mark. They could face a Dudley in the playoffs early on.
7. Ragsdale 4-1: This team always finds ways to win. Their four game winning streak after and opening loss against Eastern Guilford has set the table for more post season action.
8. Southeast Guilford 4-2: This team is positioned very well from all positions to beat any team on any given night. They will be tested when they meet the likes of Dudley and Smith in conference play. If their “A game ” is on, they could split or sweep either team. That is asking a lot.
9. Southwest Guilford 4-2: A well balanced team that is tough. They tend to get stronger as the season progresses. They are off to a great start and that may bode well for this well coached team.
10. Western Guilford 3-3: This team has a good scorer in Clancy and an inside presence in Green. They will have a great season overall as the team continues to improve. They will upset a Smith or Dudley at some point. Finishing third in the conference is more than feasible.
Teams to watch and on the rise:
Southern Guilford 2-3 Page 1-2, Grimsley 2-2