The information below clarifies how the South Atlantic League first half winner is determined.
SECTION I – QUALIFYING FOR THE PLAYOFFS
1) The winner of the first-half and second-half in each division
will be the team which has won the greatest percentage of games.
2) If two clubs have the same winning percentage at the close of
either half of the championship season (when calculated to three decimal
places), the tie will be broken in the following manner:
a) If said tie occurs at the end of the first half, the tie will be
settled by the following tie breakers in the following order:
1. Best record in head-to-head meetings
2. Best run differential in head-to-head meetings
3. Winner of the final meeting in the first half between the clubs