GREENSBORO, N.C. – Guilford College’s women’s tennis team defeated visiting Greensboro College Friday afternoon, 8-1. The Quakers (6-5) have won four of their last five matches.
Guilford claimed a pair of wins by default over the short-handed Pride (2-11). Haley Andrews and Allison Hewitt did not lose a game in their 8-0 first-doubles win over Ashley Spivey and Kathryn Roper. The Quakers’ Fernanda Gonzalez and Nora Prokosch earned an 8-2 triumph over Greensboro’s Margaret Dubey and Molly O’Keefe.
Andrews dispatched of Spivey at first singles, 6-1, 6-2, and Hewitt downed Dubey, 6-1, 6-3. Gonzalez lost only one game in her 6-0, 6-1 victory over O’Keefe at third singles. Luci Gordon needed a third-set in her a 7-5, 3-6, 10-7 fifth-singles win over Aisling Jordan.
Roper collected Greensboro’s point with an 8-5 win over Prokosch at fourth singles.
Coach Dave McCain’s Quakers visit Randolph College Saturday (4/11) and host Hollins University Sunday (4/12) at 11:00 a.m. in a rescheduled match.
Tennis Match Results
Greensboro vs Guilford
Apr 10, 2015 at Greensboro, NC
(McMichael Centennial Class Courts)
Guilford 8, Greensboro 1
1. Haley Andrews (GC) def. Ashley Spivey (GBRO) 6-1, 6-0
2. Allison Hewitt (GC) def. Margaret Dubey (GBRO) 6-1, 6-3
3. Fernanda Gonzalez (GC) def. Molly O’Keefe (GBRO) 6-0, 6-1
4. Kathryn Roper (GBRO) def. Nora Prokosch (GC) 8-5
5. Luci Gordon (GC) def. Aisling Jordan (GBRO) 7-5, 3-6, 10-7
6. Chandler MacDonald (GC) def. No player (GBRO), by default
1. Haley Andrews/Allison Hewitt (GC) def. Ashley Spivey/Kathryn Roper (GBRO) 8-0
2. Fernanda Gonzalez/Nora Prokosch (GC) def. Margaret Dubey/Molly O’Keefe (GBRO) 8-2
3. Luci Gordon/Chandler MacDonald (GC) def. Aisling Jordan/No player (GBRO), by default