WHEN: Saturday, Feb. 25 | 12:00 p.m.
WHERE: Vert Stadium | High Point, N.C.
RECORDS: High Point (1-2, 0-0), Saint John’s (0-2, 0-0)
SERIES RECORD: First Meeting
Video: Big South Network
Live Stats: HighPointPanthers.Com
Game Notes: HighPointPanthers.Com
HIGH POINT, N.C. – The High Point University men’s lacrosse team is back at home in Vert Stadium on Saturday at noon to take on Saint John’s.
The Panthers are 1-2 in the early going with road setbacks to Duke and Maryland and a home win over Georgetown. Meanwhile, the Red Storm is 0-2 on the year dropping home contests to Rutgers and Stony Brook.
• Michael LeClair is tied for 10th in the Southern Conference in points per game. The Elkridge, Md. native has finished in the top four during each of the past two seasons.
• Tim Troutner Jr. has been solid in goal since taking over three games into his freshman season. But the Annapolis, Md. native is undefeated at home (6-0) while posting a .633 save percentage when playing in the friendly confines of Vert Stadium.
• This spring, Troutner is 14th in the nation with 13.00 saves per game. Similarly, he ranks 24th in the country in save percentage (.557) and 41st in caused turnovers per contest (1.67/game).
• Junior Jason Ashwood tallied his second career multi-assist performance at Maryland and leads the team with three helpers on the year.
• Terrell Sands picked up his first career goal and the first long-pole goal of the year for HPU against UMD.
• High Point is 11-9 in home non-conference games during its first five seasons of NCAA competition. However, the team has improved winning six of its last eight home games against non-conference foes.
• The Panthers have won seven straight home games and are 18-3 against unranked foes in Vert Stadium since the start of the 2014 campaign.
• As a freshman, LeClair posted a point in three of his first seven games, but has scored in every one since then (44 straight).
• The streak is the longest in HPU history passing Lomas’ streak (32) and is the second-longest active streak nationally.
1) Ian MacKay, Vermont, – 47 games
2) Michael LeClair, High Point – 44 games
3) Connor Cannizarro, Denver – 43 games
4) Matt Rambo, Maryland – 42 games
Jack Brucker, Duke – 42 games
• LeClair has posted multi-point outings in 30 of the last 34 contests including three points (2g, 1a) at Maryland.
Three Straight Nine-Win Seasons
• High Point is one of 12 programs in the nation to win at least nine games in each of the past three years. The Panthers join the likes of Albany, Army, Denver, Duke, Fairfield, Maryland, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Saint Joseph’s, Syracuse and Yale.
• During the last three seasons the Panthers have won 29 of their 49 contests (.592), which gives them the 18th-best winning percentage in the nation during the time.
All-Time Series with Saint John’s
The Panthers and the Red Storm will play their first contest against each other on Saturday at Vert Stadium.
All-Time against the Big East Conference
HPU is 2-1 against the Big East after taking down Georgetown on Feb. 14 by a score of 9-3. The squad beat Providence at home last year, 13-12, after falling to Marquette at home 14-6 in their first year of NCAA Division I competition.
The Panthers visit Virginia on Wednesday, March 1 at 7:00 p.m. HPU will follow that up with a 4:00 p.m. showdown with Robert Morris on Sunday in Vert Stadium.