WALLACE, N.C. – The Elon University women’s golf team completed play at the River Landing Classic Friday afternoon, finishing tied for sixth with a three-round total of 901.
Heather Munro earned her second straight top-10 finish, ending the event tied for ninth place individually. Penn State won the team title, while East Tennessee State’s Hee Ying Loy captured the individual title at 3-under par.
Munro continued her solid play, closing with a 2-over par round of 74 to put her in a tie for ninth place at 5-over par.
Aurelia Hamm stayed consistent as well, carding a final-round 76. Hamm finished 16th at 8-over par, her second straight top-20 finish to start the spring season.
Kelsey Badmaev finished close behind Hamm at 10-over par, good for a tie for 23rd. The senior shot a 3-over par 75 in the final round.
Finishing in a tie for 36th was Hilda Kristjansdottir, who posted a 77 in the final round. Kristjansdottir finished the tournament at 14-over par.
Anali Otazo Rodas finished 67th, while Katherine Reilly placed 72nd as an individual.
– Heather Munro finished tied for ninth place, the ninth top-10 finish of her career. The junior has top-10 finishes in each of her last two events.
Elon will compete at The Babs Steffens Invitational hosted by Stetson in Deland, Fla., from March 25-27.
2017 River Landing Classic
March 9-10 | Wallace, N.C.
1. Penn State (288-298-292–878) +14
2. East Tennessee State (288-296-301–885) +21
3. #49 East Carolina (291-297-299–887) +23
4. UNC Wilmington (297-298-296–891) +27
5. Ohio (302-296-302–900) +36
T6. Chattanooga (292-299-310–901) +37
T6. Elon (292-307-302–901) +37
8. Appalachian State (310-298-315–923) +59
9. Morehead State (307-305-317–929) +65
10. Richmond (307-304-320–931) +67
11. Youngstown State (304-318-315–937) +73
T9. Heather Munro (72-75-74–221) +5
16. Aurelia Hamm (73-75-76–224) +8
T23. Kelsey Badmaev (74-77-75–226) +10
T36. Hilda Kristjansdottir (73-80-77–230) +14
67. Anali Otazo Rodas (86-81-87–254) +38
72. Katherine Reilly* (88-84-87–259) +43
* competing as an individual