GREENSBORO, N.C. – The University of California, Riverside claimed a 9-0 men’s tennis victory over host Guilford College. The match kicked off an East Coast swing for the NCAA Division I Highlanders (10-11).
The closest doubles match was at the first flight where the Quakers’ Tate Godwin and Mesa Martorell played UC Riverside’s Tadeas Lansky and Nabil Abdallah to an 8-5 contest.
Anderson Ju and Cooper Bridge teamed for an 8-1 second-doubles win over Chasen Chacon and Graham Pearson. Ju took a 6-0, 6-0, decision from Pearson at sixth singles and Bridge won the first singles match with Godwin, 6-2, 6-0.
Guilford’s Aaron Smedley gave Lansky a run in the first set of their third-singles match, 7-5, before the Highlander finished the match with a 6-0 win in the second set.
Coach Dave McCain’s Quakers (6-5) visit Old Dominion Athletic Conference-rival Emory & Henry College Saturday (4/1) at 1:00 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
UC Riverside vs Guilford
Mar 27, 2017 at Greensboro, NC
(McMichael Centennial Class Courts)
UC Riverside 9, Guilford 0
1. Cooper Bridge (UCRMTEN) def. Tate Godwin (GC) 6-2, 6-0
2. Kyle McCann (UCRMTEN) def. Mesa Martorell (GC) 6-0, 6-4
3. Tadeas Lansky (UCRMTEN) def. Aaron Smedley (GC) 7-5, 6-0
4. Nabil Abdallah (UCRMTEN) def. Jon-Anthony Thomas (GC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Gilbert Chung (UCRMTEN) def. Mason Church (GC) 6-3, 6-1
6. Anderson Ju (UCRMTEN) def. Graham Pearson (GC) 6-0, 6-0
1. Tadeas Lansky/Nabil Abdallah (UCRMTEN) def. Mesa Martorell/Tate Godwin (GC) 8-5
2. Anderson Ju/Cooper Bridge (UCRMTEN) def. Chasen Chacon/Graham Pearson (GC) 8-1
3. Max Cohen/Kyle McCann (UCRMTEN) def. Aaron Smedley/Levi Bruff (GC) 8-2
UC Riverside 10-11
University of California, Riverside is an NCAA Division I institution.