PALM CITY, Fla. – Elon University men’s golf finished in fourth place overall after the final round of the UNCG Martin Downs Collegiate on Tuesday, Feb. 13, at Martin Downs Golf Club.
The Phoenix (287-285-287–859) posted a one under-par round on Tuesday. William Harwood earned Elon’s top individual finish, earning a tie for sixth on the leaderboard. West Virginia, who shot an outstanding 12-under par in the final round, claimed the tournament title with a two-stroke win over Seton Hall. Gregor Tait won the individual title for Seton Hall.
Elon had six of its seven golfers finish in the top-25 of the individual standings. Harwood finished a team-best tied for sixth, while Patrick Frodigh and Quade Lukes earned a tie for 14th to finish in the top-15. Also, Jake Leavitt (T21), Philip Loeb (T25) and Charlie May (T25) also placed in the top-25.
During the final round, Lukes and Loeb scored the best rounds for the Phoenix as they each carded a one under-par 72 on Tuesday. Frodigh, Harwood, and Charlie May each scored an even-par final round. Rounding out Elon’s competitors was Dustin Blank as he carded his best round of the tournament on Tuesday with a two over-par 74. Blank finished in a tie for 42nd overall.
– Dating back to the start of the fall season, Elon has earned five top-5 finishes in six tournaments this season.
– William Harwood earned his third top-10 finish this season at the UNCG Martin Downs Collegiate. Harwood now has six top-10 finishes in his career.
– Elon has had a top-10 individual finisher in all-six tournaments this season and in seven straight events dating back to last season’s 2017 CAA Championships.
The Phoenix returns to the links Sunday-Tuesday, March 9-11, at the Pinehurst Intercollegiate, which will be played on Pinehurst Resort’s No. 8 Course.
UNCG Martin Downs Collegiate
Feb. 11-13 | Palm City, Fla.
1. West Virginia (297-278-276–851) -13
2. Seton Hall (287-281-285–853) -11
3. UNCG (289-279-287–855) -9
4. Elon (287-285-287–859) -5
5. Mercer (292-286-286–864) E
6. James Madison (290-295-285–870) +6
7. Boston College (288-300-295–883) +19
8. Lehigh (309-294-293–896) +27
9. Western Carolina (313-309-309–931) +67
DQ. George Mason (229-302–300) DNF
T6. William Harwood (66-73-72–211) -5
T14. Patrick Frodigh (74-70-72–216) E
T14. Quade Lukes (75-70-71–216) E
T21. Jake Leavitt (78-68-72–218) +2
T25. Philip Loeb (74-74-71–219) +3
T25. Charlie May (73-74-72–219) +3
T42. Dustin Blank (76-75-74–225) +9