Battleship NORTH CAROLINA
Battle of the Schools
September 10, 2011
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
WILMINGTON, NC – Just in time for NFL, college and high school football seasons,
it’s time to see who’s the best of the best! It’s a battle of the cheerleaders…
it’s a battle of the schools!
September 10, 2011, from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm, teams will compete for the once in
a lifetime opportunity to take home bragging rights and the Battleship 50th
Anniversary Trophy. Take part as a new generation and their families take pride in
their schools, their communities and their Battleship.
Teams are encouraged to register now and fans are asked to save the date to come and
cheer and their favorite squad.
The Battleship has partnered with Cheer Ltd., Z1075, WWAY, Star News Media and
yp.com to offer this FREE registration event.
* The event registration, schedule and onsite production will be administered by
Cheer Ltd., Inc. If you have any questions about the event, please contact Lori
Wickham, Director, at 800-477-8868.
* Competition start time is 10:00am. Registration will begin at 9:00am.
* Registration is FREE. Every team interested in competing must register by
submitting the form
or online through Cheer Ltd’s registration system – call for more details if you
are interested in registering electronically.
* For planning purposes, please plan to register your team by September 1, but
registrations will be accepted through Monday, September 5, 2011.
* After your registration is received, a confirmation will be sent with specific
* Performance floor will be a 42′ x 54′ carpeted cheer mat over a grassy area.
(All Star teams are invited, but please notice the flat cheer floor. NO spring
floor will be available.)
* Routines must follow Cheer Ltd’s rules and guidelines. For more details about
safety rules, divisions, and scoring procedures go to
* The top three teams will be awarded in each division. The Battleship 50th
Anniversary Trophy will be awarded to the top scoring team!
* Divisions are outlined on the form. If you would like to register for a
division that is not listed, please contact Cheer Ltd.
* Divisions may be split according to team size if registration allows.
* Teams are responsible for their own music (start/pause/ stop). Please bring
your music on a standard format CD.
Volunteers and Sponsors are also still needed for the event. If interested please
contact the Battleship for more details.
The Battleship NORTH CAROLINA is self-supported, not tax supported and relies
primarily upon admissions to tour the Ship, sales in the Ship’s Store, and donations
to the Friends of the Battleship. No funds for its administration and operation come
from appropriations from governmental entities at the local, state or federal
levels. Located at the junction of Highways 17/74/76/421 on the Cape Fear River.
Visit www.battleshipnc.com or follow us on Facebook.com/ncbb55 and
Twitter.com/battleshipnc for more information.