GREENSBORO, N.C. – Guilford College took advantage of an undermanned Greensboro College team and knocked off the Pride for its first win of the season, 9-0, Wednesday at the McMichael Centennial Class Courts.
The Quakers (1-3) yielded only four points in the two contested doubles matches. Greensboro (0-2) did not field a third doubles unit.
The closest of five singles matches came at the top flight where Guilford’s Haley Andrews rallied for a 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 triumph over Greensboro’s Meredith Kelly. The Quakers dropped just four points in the remaining four matches and freshman Allie Guy notched a 6-0, 6-0 win at fifth singles.
The Quakers return to action next Wednesday (3/6) against visiting Salem College at 3:00 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
Greensboro vs Guilford
Feb 27, 2013 at Greensboro, NC
(McMichael Centennial Class Courts)
Guilford 9, Greensboro 0
1. Haley Andrews (GC) def. Meredith Kelly (GBRO) 3-6, 6-4, 6-3
2. Natalie Sutton (GC) def. T. Brown (GBRO) 6-1, 6-0
3. Kim Kleimeier (GC) def. Elizabeth Adair (GBRO) 6-1, 6-1
4. Dominique Crespo (GC) def. M. Dubay (GBRO) 6-0, 6-1
5. Allie Guy (GC) def. A. Traub (GBRO) 6-0, 6-0
6. Allison Hewitt (GC) def. No player (GBRO), by forfeit
1. Allie Guy/Haley Andrews (GC) def. Elizabeth Adair/T. Brown (GBRO) 8-1
2. Natalie Sutton/Kim Kleimeier (GC) def. M. Dubay/Meredith Kelly (GBRO) 8-3
3. Allison Hewitt/Dominique Crespo (GC) def. No player/No player (GBRO), by forfeit