ELON, N.C. – Every Monday, Phoenix fans can get a look at the week ahead with our “This Week in Elon Athletics” feature when we will preview all the week’s upcoming events for our sports teams. “Follow us” on Twitter at @elonphoenix and @elonscores, “Like” Elon Phoenix on Facebook and continue to check elonphoenix.com to stay current on all things Elon Athletics.
Baseball (14-9, 7-5 SoCon)
Elon at High Point, Tuesday, March 26, at 6 p.m., High Point, N.C.
Elon vs. East Carolina, Wednesday, March 27, at 6 p.m., Latham Park
Elon vs. Davidson, Friday-Saturday, March 29-30, at 6 p.m./3 p.m. (DH), Latham Park
• Elon went 3-1 last week, picking up a win over Princeton in the mid-week and two SoCon victories at Western Carolina.
• The Phoenix has now won seven of its last eight games.
• Elon has played more games against High Point than any other opponent. The two have faced off 201 times with Elon claiming a victory in 121 of those contests.
• The maroon and gold is 30-38-1 all-time against East Carolina and is 35-30-1 all-time against Davidson.
Men’s Tennis (11-4, 6-0 SoCon)
Elon at MTSU Shootout, Saturday-Sunday, March 30-31, Murfreesboro, Tenn.
• The Phoenix improved to 6-0 in league play over the weekend with wins at Chattanooga and #57 Samford. Elon has won seven straight matches overall heading into this weekend.
• Jordan Kaufman went a perfect 4-0 for the Phoenix over the weekend against UTC and Samford in singles and doubles to help lead the Phoenix to victory.
• Cameron Silverman remains in the national rankings in singles (#38), while he and Stefan Fortmann rank 38th in the nation in doubles.
Softball (11-15, 1-5 SoCon)
Elon at Jacksonville (DH), Tuesday, March 26 at 1 p.m., Jacksonville, Fla.
Elon vs. UNCG, Friday-Saturday, March 29-30 at 4 p.m./1 p.m. (DH), Hunt Softball Park
• Tomeka Watson set a new all-time single-season record in home runs on Sunday, March 24, versus Bethune-Cookman. Watson hit her 13th homer of the season against the Wildcats to break the previous record of 12 set by Emerald Graham (2010-11).
• Watson also tied the school-record for all-time career hits with 229 against Bethune-Cookman. The Jackson, Ga., native is currently tied with Dani Concepcion (2002-05) on the all-time record list.
• The Phoenix will return to Southern Conference play on Friday, March 29, against local rival UNCG at Hunt Softball Park. Elon holds a slim 29-28-1 record versus the Spartans in the all-time series.
Track and Field
Elon at Raleigh Relays, Friday-Saturday, March 29-30, Raleigh, N.C.
• The Elon track and field distance members will compete this weekend at the Raleigh Relays hosted by NC State.
• Charlise Morgan and Kimberlyn Holt set new school records in the shot put and hammer throws, respectively, at the Wake Forest Open on March 15. Morgan had a toss of 45’9″ (13.94m) in the shot put, while Holt broke her own school-record in the hammer throw with a heave of 175’3″ (53.42m).
• Caroline McCaslin and Tereza Novotna ran the third and fourth fastest times in program history in the 3,000-meter steeplechase at Wake Forest. McCaslin clocked in at a time of 10:57.89 as the runner-up, while Novotna was third at 11:04.33.
Women’s Tennis (13-3, 3-2 SoCon)
Elon at Georgia Southern, Monday, March 25, at 2 p.m., Statesboro, Ga.
Elon at College of Charleston, Wednesday, March 27, at 1:30 p.m., Charleston, S.C.
• Elon returns to action this week with a pair of league road matches at Georgia Southern and College of Charleston.
• The Phoenix topped instate rival Davidson, 7-0, at home on March 20 at the Jimmy Powell Tennis Center to improve to 13-3 overall and 3-2 in league play.
• Elon’s next home match is slated for April 11 against Appalachian State.