GREENSBORO, N.C. — Allison Hewitt and Fernanda Gonzalez won each of their matches in the Quakers’ hard-fought 5-4 women’s tennis loss to Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC)-foe Emory & Henry College Sunday.
The tandem won at fifth and sixth singles, respectively. Hewitt and Gonzalez represented Guilford’s (5-6, 2-5 ODAC) only singles wins. Kim Kleimeier won her first set at third singles, 6-3, but lost the second and third sets 6-2, 6-3. Allie Guy had a tight second set that was just shy of sending the match into three sets.
Kim Kleimeier and Natalie Sutton defeated their second doubles opponent, 8-6. Hewitt and Gonzalez paired for a 8-3 third doubles victory.
Emory & Henry’s (7-9, 2-6 ODAC) Alyssa Wingate and Taylor Evans defeated Haley Andrews and Allie Guy at first doubles, 8-5, to clinch the match for the wasps.
The Quakers next play Friday, Apr. 12 at Roanoke College at 2:30 p.m. The ODAC match is rescheduled from Mar. 17.
Tennis Match Results
Guilford vs Emory & Henry
Apr 07, 2013 at Emory, Va.
Emory & Henry 5, Guilford 4
1. Alyssa Wingate (EHC) def. Haley Andrews (GC) 7-5, 6-4
2. Tayor Evans (EHC) def. Natalie Sutton (GC) 6-0, 6-2
3. Meredith Yeary (EHC) def. Kim Kleimeier (GC) 3-6, 6-2, 6-3
4. Sheyenne Cleveland (EHC) def. Allie Guy (GC) 6-3, 7-5
5. Allison Hewitt (GC) def. Emily Bolt (EHC) 7-5, 6-2
6. Fernanda Gonzalez (GC) def. Casey Blackburn (EHC) 6-2, 6-1
1. Alyssa Wingate/Tayor Evans (EHC) def. Haley Andrews/Allie Guy (GC) 8-5
2. Kim Kleimeier/Natalie Sutton (GC) def. Meredith Yeary/Sheyenne Cleveland (EHC) 8-6
3. Allison Hewitt/Fernanda Gonzalez (GC) def. Casey Blackburn/Emily Bolt (EHC) 8-3
Guilford 5-6, 2-5 ODAC
Emory & Henry 7-9, 2-6 ODAC
Old Dominion Athletic Conference match