LYNCHBURG, Va. — Guilford College’s men’s tennis team won all but two matches against Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) opponent Lynchburg College Saturday.
Guilford (7-7, 5-4 ODAC) dropped one singles and one doubles match. Trevor Cox defeated Lynchburg’s (4-8, 1-6 ODAC) Derek Kegerreis at second singles, 6-2, 6-4. Erik Meiler won at third singles, 6-2, 6-3. Mark Cheong defeated his fourth singles opponent, 6-3, 6-3. Ben Nelson won against Tyler Long, 6-3, 6-2. Blake Brown represented the Quakers’ fifth singles victory when he took both of his sixth singles sets 6-0, 6-0.
Meiler and Cox paired to take first doubles from Kegerreis and Owen Landon, 8-5. Nelson and Turner Votipka won at number two doubles, 8-0.
The Quakers’ play their final match of the season against conference opponent, Randolph College, today at 2:00 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
Guilford vs Lynchburg College
4/13/2013 at Lynchburg College
Guilford 7, Lynchburg College 2
1. Matt Karvelas (LC) def. Turner Votipka (GC) 7-6 (11-9), 6-3
2. Trevor Cox (GC) def. Derek Kegerreis (LC) 6-2, 6-4
3. Erik Meiler (GC) def. Owen Landon (LC) 6-2, 6-3
4. Mark Cheong (GC) def. Josh Johnson (LC) 6-3, 6-3
5. Ben Nelson (GC) def. Tyler Long (LC) 6-3, 6-2
6. Blake Brown (GC) def. Hyun Suk Lee (LC) 6-0, 6-0
1. Erik Meiler/Trevor Cox (GC) def. Derek Kegerreis/Owen Landon (LC) 8-5
2. Turner Votipka/Ben Nelson (GC) def. Blake Underwood/Josh Johnson (LC) 8-0
3. Tyler Long/Matt Karvelas (LC) def. Byron Hamilton/Mark Cheong (GC) 8-4
Lynchburg College 4-6