LEXINGTON, Va. – Nationally ranked Washington and Lee University dealt visiting Guilford College its first Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) men’s tennis setback Wednesday, 5-0.
The Generals improved to 6-1 (5-0 ODAC) with the win. Guilford drops to 3-4 (2-1 ODAC). Christian Hu and Jordan Krasner teamed at second doubles for an 8-0 win and clinched the match with separate, straight-set wins at first and second singles, respectively.
Guilford is back in action Friday at league-rival Virginia Wesleyan College at 2:30. The contest was rescheduled from February due to poor weather conditions.
Tennis Match Results
Guilford vs Washington and Lee
Mar 04, 2014 at Lexington, Va.
(Duchossois Tennis Center)
#22 Washington and Lee 5, Guilford 0
1. Christopher Hu (W&L) def. Turner Votipka (GC) 6-0, 6-1
2. Jordan Krasner (W&L) def. Erik Meiler (GC) 6-2, 6-1
3. Will Bannister (W&L) vs. Aaron Smedley (GC) 6-0, unfinished
4. John Kirby (W&L) vs. Levi Bruff (GC) unfinished
5. Robert Eckstein (W&L) vs. Blake Brown (GC) unfinished
6. Trey Hatcher (W&L) vs. John Brvenik (GC) unfinished
1. Taylor Shamshiri/Michael Holt (W&L) def. Turner Votipka/Erik Meiler (GC) 8-2
2. Christopher Hu/Jordan Krasner (W&L) def. Blake Brown/Aaron Smedley (GC) 8-0
3. John Kirby/Robert Eckstein (W&L) def. Levi Bruff/Mason Church (GC) 8-1
Guilford 3-4, 2-1 ODAC
Washington and Lee 6-1, 5-0 ODAC; National ranking #22
Old Dominion Athletic Conference match
Washington and Lee is ranked 22nd in the ITA Division III Coaches’ Poll