ELON, N.C. – Every Monday, Phoenix fans can get a look at the week ahead with our “Elon Athletics Weekly Update” feature when we will preview all the week’s upcoming events for our sports teams. “Follow us” on Twitter at @elonphoenix and @elonscores, “Like” Elon Phoenix on Facebook and continue to check elonphoenix.com to stay current on all things Elon Athletics.
Men’s Basketball (1-2)
Elon vs. Morgan State, Tuesday, Nov. 25, at 1:30 p.m. (ET), Cancun, Mexico
Elon vs. North Florida/Liberty, Wednesday, Nov. 26, at 1:30 p.m./4 p.m. (ET), Cancun, Mexico
Elon at Miami (Ohio), Sunday, Nov. 30, at 1 p.m., Oxford, Ohio
• Coming off a narrow overtime setback at Northwestern on Nov. 22, Elon begins play in the Cancun Challenge on Tuesday, Nov. 25, when the Phoenix takes on Morgan State. A day later, the Phoenix plays either North Florida or Liberty at 1:30 p.m. or 4 p.m. (ET).
• Tanner Samson scored a career-high 24 points at Northwestern on Nov. 22. The junior from Littleton, Colo., hit eight triples, which ties Matt Nowlin, Drew Spradlin and Sebastian Koch for the second most in a game during Elon’s Division I era.
Women’s Basketball (3-0)
Elon vs. Liberty, Tuesday, Nov. 25, 7 p.m., Alumni Gym
• The Phoenix improved to 3-0 on the season after a 67-54 win in its first road game of the season at Charlotte on Friday.
• Seniors Zora Stephenson and Sam Coffer scored 18 and 16 points, respectively, in the victory, while Coffer also posted her first double-double of the season with a game-high 11 rebounds.
• Elon is 3-0 on the season for the first time under head coach Charlotte Smith and the first time in the 21st century. The last time the Phoenix started 3-0 was during the 1997-98 season.