GREENSBORO, N.C. – Visiting Agnes Scott College took advantage of a depleted Guilford College lineup in Sunday’s 9-0 women’s tennis victory at McMichael Centennial Class Courts.
The Quakers (5-5) played without regular number-two singles/number-one doubles specialist Allison Hewitt due to an illness. As a result, Guilford was unable to field contestants at third doubles and sixth singles, resulting in two automatic Scotties’ points. Agnes Scott is now 5-4 on the year.
Missing her regular partner, Haley Andrews teamed with Fernanda Gonzalez at first doubles and fell to Agnes Scott’s Clare and Anne Rinaldo, 8-3. Agnes Scott’s Maddie Hoffman and Taylor Lee topped Guilford’s Chandler MacDonald and Nora Prokosch, 8-1.
Andrews battled with Clare Rinaldo at first singles, before falling in three sets, 3-6, 7-6, 10-8. Hoffman downed Gonzalez at second singles, 6-2, 6-0. Anne Rinaldo defeated Guilford’s Prokosch, 6-2, 6-4, at third singles. Guilford’s Luci Gordon fell to Lee at four singles, 6-3, 6-2, and Nikki Langford downed MacDonald at fifth singles, 6-1, 6-2.
Coach Dave McCain’s Quakers, which had a season-best three-match winning streak snapped, host Greensboro College Friday (4/10) in a contest rescheduled from February.
Tennis Match Results
Agnes Scott vs Guilford
Apr 05, 2015 at Greensboro, NC
(McMichael Centennial Class Courts)
Agnes Scott 9, Guilford 0
1. Clare Rinaldo (ASC) def. Haley Andrews (GC) 3-6, 7-6, 10-8
2. Maddie Hoffman (ASC) def. Fernanda Gonzalez (GC) 6-2, 6-0
3. Anne Rinaldo (ASC) def. Nora Prokosch (GC) 6-2, 6-4
4. Taylor Lee (ASC) def. Luci Gordon (GC) 6-3, 6-2
5. Nikki Langford (ASC) def. Chandler MacDonald (GC) 6-1, 6-2
6. Anastasia Bennett (ASC) def. No player (GC), by default
1. Clare Rinaldo/Anne Rinaldo (ASC) def. Haley Andrews/Fernanda Gonzalez (GC) 8-3
2. Maddie Hoffman/Taylor Lee (ASC) def. Chandler MacDonald/Nora Prokosch (GC) 8-1
3. Nikki Langford/Camille Wilson (ASC) def. No player/No player (GC), by default
Agnes Scott 5-4