ORANGEBURG, S.C. – Tori Baliatico scored twice and three others got on the score sheet as the Elon University women’s soccer team rolled to a 5-0 win over South Carolina State on Sunday, Sept. 6, at Oliver C. Dawson Stadium.
“I was very proud of the team’s efforts and how they handled themselves today, especially facing their fifth road match of the season,” said head coach Chris Neal. “It’s tough to score goals on the road, but everyone was composed and finished their chances.”
order Lyrica online usa The Highlights
It took 16 minutes before the first Elon (4-1) goal was scored against South Carolina State (1-3). The Phoenix scored three goals in the first half to take a 3-0 advantage into the break. Susannah Anderson scored her first-career goal in the 17th minute giving the Phoenix a 1-0 lead. She fired a rocket shot off a bouncing pass from Kelly Siewers for a fantastic finish.
The Phoenix then score twice in the final five minutes of the half. Tori Baliatico took a great pass from Lauren McKeever in the 40th minute, took a touch around the goalkeeper, and finished for her first-career goal as a Phoenix, extending Elon’s lead 2-0. Julie Hibberd scored the third goal of the half finishing a pass from Samantha Burch in the 43rd minute to give Elon a 3-0 lead at the half.
In the second half, Baliatico tallied her second of the match in the 55th minute, receiving a pass from Alissa Pantuosco, and finishing off a breakaway to give the Phoenix a 4-0 lead. Burch was the final Phoenix to get on the score sheet, sealing the victory with a goal off of Amanda Lasater’s corner kick in the 89th minute to secure Elon’s 5-0 win over the Bulldogs.
Taylor Mohr (2-0) got her second-career start for the Phoenix recording three saves and helping Elon earn its fourth shutout of the season.
strattera online no prescription Match Notes
– All four Elon players that scored recorded their first goals of the 2015 season.
– Baliatico is the second Phoenix to register a two-goal match this season. Siewers scored twice in a 2-0 win at Chattanooga on Aug. 30.
– It’s the first time Elon has score at least five goals in a match since a 6-1 win over Francis Marion on Oct. 10, 2013.
– The victory is the first 5-0 victory since Sept. 8, 2013, as they defeated High Point by the same margin.
– Elon has won four of its first five matches of the season for the first time since 2010, when they started 6-1 overall in their first seven. They lost the season opener in 2010 and reeled off six straight wins.
– The five goals scored surpassed the season total of four heading into the match on Sunday.
http://weareconcert.com/projects/125-london-wall Up Next
Elon has another home and road game split next weekend. On Friday, Sept. 11, the Phoenix host Coastal Carolina at 6 p.m. Then, on Sunday, Sept. 13, Elon will head to Greensboro, N.C. to take on UNCG at 7 p.m.