ELON, N.C. – The Elon University football program is partnering with the Alamance Regional Charitable Foundation to raise awareness and money for the KidsCan! program that assists children who have a parent with cancer. All funds raised by the Phoenix team through online donations will be used to support the KidsCan! program at the Alamance Regional Medical Center campus.
The KidsCan! program is an educational and peer empathy program for families in which a parent has cancer. This program was started by former NFL players Torry and Terrence Holt, whose mother had cancer. At monthly family dinners, facilitators help kids understand the disease and treatments. They also provide emotional support through activities, arts and crafts, group discussion and music. The program, geared for children aged 6 to 16, is led by professionals within their field of expertise, including activities that make it easy for kids and parents to understand both physically and emotionally. At the Cone Health Cancer Center at Alamance Regional, children of any patient are eligible for the KidsCan! program, regardless of where the patient receives cancer treatment. It is free of charge. For more information, or to attend a meeting, parents can call 336-586-3510.
To support this cause, each Elon football player has a link at the program’s donation page. To donate to a specific player’s goal, click their name on the leaderboard. You will be directed to that player’s page and can make a donation there.
Fans can also support this cause by purchasing tickets to the Phoenix’s November 7 home date with William & Mary. Terrence Holt is scheduled to be in attendance at the game and there will be some surprise community advocates partnering with the Elon dance team for entertainment. By going to www.elonphoenix.com/ARMCtix, tickets can be purchased for just $20 (normally a $25 ticket). Below are the complete steps to purchase tickets at this discounted rate to support the KidsCan! program.
To purchase tickets:
• Visit www.elonphoenix.com/ARMCtix
• In the customer log-in box at the top of the page, enter User ID: ARMC, Password: ARMC then press enter or click the right arrow
• Select your seats from the list of available tickets by clicking the box to the left of each ticket you wish to purchase; Make sure to select neighboring seats to sit together
• Click confirm selected single tickets
• Check to make sure the tickets are correct, then click proceed to checkout
• Select your delivery option – print at home allows you to print the tickets from your own printer, will call your tickets to pick them up at Rhodes Stadium the day of the game
• Click proceed to checkout
• You will be asked if you are a new or returning customer; if you have purchased tickets to an Elon sporting event through our online system before, enter your user ID and password and click continue; Otherwise, click new account
• Complete or verify your account information and click proceed
• Enter your payment information and verify your billing address then click process payment
• Your order has been processed! Print your tickets at home or pick them up at the Rhodes Stadium will call window on November 7
If you have questions about purchasing tickets, please contact the Elon Athletics Ticket Office at 336-278-6750 or by email at email@example.com. More information on the KidsCan! program can be found on Facebook by searching KidsCan, ARMC.