ELON, N.C. – Every Monday, Phoenix fans can get a look at the week ahead with our “Elon Athletics Weekly Update” feature when we will preview all the week’s upcoming events for our sports teams. “Follow us” on Twitter at @elonphoenix and @elonscores, “Like” Elon Phoenix on Facebook and continue to check elonphoenix.com to stay current on all things Elon Athletics.
Men’s Basketball (6-3)
Elon vs. Alabama State, Wednesday, Dec. 16, at 7 p.m., Alumni Gym
Elon vs. UNCG, Saturday, Dec. 19, at 1 p.m., Alumni Gym
• Elon won its third consecutive game with a 106-77 victory over Wesley on Sunday. A total of 17 players saw action for the Phoenix and the bench contributed with 44 points in the win.
• Tanner Samson led the way, filling up the stat sheet with 22 points, nine boards, six assists, two steals and a career-high three blocks.
• The Phoenix is off to a 6-3 start in its first nine game for the first time since the 2012-13 season heading into matchups against Alabama State and UNCG.
Women’s Basketball (6-2)
Elon vs. High Point, Saturday, Dec. 19, at 3:30 p.m., Alumni Gym
• Elon recorded an historic 69-66 win at NC State on Sunday, marking the program’s first ever win against the Wolfpack and the first over an ACC team since 1980. The team shot a blistering 60 percent from long distance after nine three-point field goals in the contest.
• Lauren Brown led the maroon and gold with 18 points after a 5-of-6 performance from the field to shoot 83 percent, including a 4-of-5 mark from three. Maddie McCallie also contributed a career-high 16 points with another four baskets from beyond the arc and hauled down a team and career-high eight rebounds.
• The Phoenix returns home to Alumni Gym for the first time in three weeks to host High Point on Saturday. Tip is set for 3:30 p.m. as the second game of an Elon basketball doubleheader.