ESTERO, Fla. – The Elon University women’s golf team earned another top-three finish, taking third place after the final round at the FGCU Eagle Invitational on Feb. 14, at Stoneybrook Golf Club. Heather Munro led the Phoenix individually finishing tied for sixth overall with a 9-over par three-round score.
The Phoenix finished the tournament with a final round of 306, and had a 50-over par score after three rounds. Mercer claimed the championship finishing 30-over par for the tournament.
Munro wrapped up the tournament with a 4-over 76 on the final day, matching her same score from the first round. She earned a spot in the top-10 individually, tying for sixth overall with a 225 (+9) three-round score.
Sunna Vidisdottir finished with Elon’s second-best score overall. She finished tied for 16th overall with a final card of 228 (+12). Kelsey Badmaev finished 13-over par and in a tie for 20th individually and Aurelia Hamm finished tied for 37th in her first tournament as a Phoenix. Emily Brooks finished 24-over par and Hilda Kristjansdottir scored a 245 (+29) competing as an individual.
– Since the start of the fall season, the FGCU Eagle Invitational was Elon’s fourth tournament earning a top-three finish.
– The Phoenix has finished in the top-three in eight of the last 14 tournaments since the start of last season.
The Phoenix will return to the links, Feb. 28-March 1, at the Kiawah Island Intercollegiate. The tournament will be hosted by the College of Charleston at the Kiawah Island Osprey Point Golf Course.
FGCU Eagle Invitational
February 12-14 | Estero, Fla.
1. Mercer (301-293-300–894) +30
2. Toledo (302-305-296–903) +39
3. Elon (306-302-306–914) +50
4. Xavier (305-305-306–916) +52
5. FGCU (303-306-309–918) +54
6. Central Arkansas (314-304-302–920) +56
T-7. Southern Illinois (310-304-310–924) +60
T-7. Arkansas State (310-302-312–924) +60
9. Ball State (311-313-306–930) +66
10. Stephen F. Austin (318-311-307–936) +72
11. McNeese State (318-316-311–945) +81
12. FAU (318-320-311–949) +85
13. Drake (313-330-317–960) +96
14. Western Illinois (333-317-324–974) +110
15. USC Upstate (329-332-323–984) +120
T-6. Heather Munro (76-73-76–225) +9
T-16. Sunna Vidisdottir (77-76-75–228) +12
T-20. Kelsey Badmaev (77-76-76–229) +13
T-37. Aurelia Hamm (76-77-81–234) +18
T-52. Emily Brooks (79-82-79–240) +24
*T-63. Hilda Kristjansdottir (84-82-79–245) +29
* – Competed as an individual