WORLD NO. 8 HENRIK STENSON, FEDEXCUP NO. 9 KEVIN KISNER, JASON DUFNER, WEBB SIMPSON, BILL HAAS HIGHLIGHT WYNDHAM CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL FIELD; 18 FOREIGN NATIONS REPRESENTED
Si Woo Kim, Andrew “Beef” Johnston, Jim Furyk Withdraw With Injuries
GREENSBORO, N.C. – World No. 8 Henrik Stenson, FedExCup No. 9 Kevin Kisner, Jason Dufner, Webb Simpson, Bill Haas and Brandt Snedeker highlight the 2017 Wyndham Championship field which has now been released, the tournament announced tonight. The 78th annual Wyndham Championship begins Monday at Sedgefield Country Club.
The 2017 field includes:
– Major Winners (10): Jason Dufner, Ernie Els, Lucas Glover, Retief Goosen, Padraig Harrington, Davis Love III, Graeme McDowell, Geoff Ogilvy, Webb Simpson and Henrik Stenson.
– FedExCup Champions (4): Billy Horschel (2014), Henrik Stenson (2013), Brandt Snedeker (2012) and Bill Haas (2011)
– Past United States Ryder Cup Team Members (7): Chad Campbell, Jason Dufner, Davis Love III, Ryan Moore, Webb Simpson, Brandt Snedeker, Boo Weekley
– Past United States Presidents Cup Team Members: (8): Jason Dufner, Lucas Glover, Bill Haas, Charles Howell III, Davis Love III, Webb Simpson, Brandt Snedeker, Nick Watney
– Past Wyndham Champions (8): Arjun Atwal, K.J. Choi, Davis Love III, Ryan Moore, Carl Pettersson, Webb Simpson, Brandt Snedeker and Camilo Villegas.
– Golfers Representing 18 Foreign Nations: Argentina, Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ireland, England, India, Japan, New Zealand, Scotland, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden and Taiwan.
Snedeker has been hampered by a rib injury but is in the field and hopes to play. He won the first tournament called the Wyndham Championship in 2007 and was later named that year’s PGA TOUR rookie of the year; he finished tied for third in last year’s Wyndham Championship. Snedeker went 3-0 to help lead the United States to a 17-11 victory in the 2016 Ryder Cup matches – it was his second Ryder Cup appearance. The 2012 FedExCup champion has eight PGA TOUR wins among 11 overall; he finished 15th in the final FedExCup standings last year. After missing some recent tournaments due to his rib injury, he is currently 55th in the FedExCup point standings and 36th in the Official World Golf Rankings. Snedeker will be making his 11th-consecutive Wyndham Championship appearance; in addition to his 2007 win, he recorded top-eight finishes here in 2009, ’10,’14 and ‘16.
Defending champion Si Woo Kim, Andrew “Beef” Johnston and Jim Furyk have all withdrawn due to injuries. The
Wyndham Championship field is below:
Byeong Hun An
Hao Tong Li
Davis Love III
Miguel Angel Carballo
Tyrone Van Aswegen
Charles Howell III
Harold Varner III
Billy Hurley III
About the Wyndham Championship:
Contested annually on the Donald Ross-designed course at Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, N.C., the Wyndham Championship was founded in 1938 and is the sixth-oldest event on the PGA TOUR excluding the Majors. Tickets are available at http://www.wyndhamchampionship.com, www.Ticketmaster.com or through the tournament office at (336) 379-1570. The tournament thanks title sponsor Wyndham Worldwide, presenting sponsor BB&T and Premier Partners, Cadillac, Harris Teeter, Lincoln Financial, McConnell Golf, Sunbrella® and VF Corporation for their continued support. Additional tournament information and sponsorship information are available at www.wyndhamchampionship.com. Stay connected with the Wyndham Championship through its social media channels, including the Wyndham Championship Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare, Flickr and YouTube.
About Wyndham Worldwide:
Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) is one of the largest global hospitality companies, providing travelers with access to a collection of trusted hospitality brands in hotels, vacation ownership, and unique accommodations including vacation exchange, holiday parks, and managed home rentals. With a collective inventory of nearly 130,000 places to stay across more than 110 countries on six continents, Wyndham Worldwide and its 38,000 associates welcome people to experience travel the way they want. This is enhanced by Wyndham Rewards®, the Company’s re-imagined guest loyalty program across its businesses, which is making it simpler for members to earn more rewards and redeem their points faster. For more information, please visit www.wyndhamworldwide.com.