CAMDEN, S.C. – Patrick Frodigh earned a top-five finish as the Elon University men’s golf team earned its third straight top-five finish of the season on Sunday, Oct. 22, at the Camden Collegiate Invitational at Camden Country Club.
“I thought we played really well and competed during this tournament,” said head coach Don Hill. “We did well to fight through our struggles in the final round to earn another top-three finish. Our players have done well playing four tournaments during the last five weeks and we will take full advantage of our rest this week. I’m proud of the resiliency of our team during this tournament and look forward to see how we do in Charleston to end our fall season.”
Frodigh earned his second consecutive top-10 finish earning a tie for fifth on the individual leaderboard. The Phoenix had a total of three players finish in the top-30 of the individual standings. Elon as a team (281-282-293–856) finished in fourth at 16 over par.
South Carolina, the host of the tournament, claimed the tournament title earning an 11-stroke victory over second place James Madison.
In addition to Frodigh, Jake Leavitt earned his second-straight top-15 finish earning a tie for 13th individually. Charlie May earned his second consecutive top-25 finish earning a tie for 21st on the individual leaderboard.
Additionally for the Phoenix, Quade Lukes earned a tie for 33rd and William Harwood tied for 47th individually.
Competing as individuals, Philip Loeb earned a tie for 54th and Dustin Blank finished in 90th during the tournament.
The Phoenix concludes the fall portion of its schedule at The Invitational in Hollywood, S.C., Nov. 3-4, hosted by the College of Charleston.
Camden Collegiate Invitational
Oct. 21-22 | Camden, S.C.
1. South Carolina (280-269-292–841) +1
2. James Madison (279-281-293–853) +13
3. USCA (292-278-286–856) +16
4. Elon (281-282-295–858) +18
5. Francis Marion (289-279-294–862) +22
6. Presbyterian (292-283-296–871) +31
7. Furman (290-284-301–875) +35
8. Lamar (289-284-303–876) +36
T9. USC Upstate (297-292-293–882) +42
T9. Dartmouth (288-292-302–882) +42
11. High Point (290-291-302–883) +43
12. Wofford College (294-291-300–885) +45
13. George Washington (294-292-303–889) +49
14. Radford (290-299-302–891) +51
15. Gardner-Webb (299-299-296–894) +54
16. Columbia (293-296-310–899) +59
17. Charleston Southern (295-299-318–912) +72
Elon Individuals – Results
T5. Patrick Frodigh (67-70-74–211) +1
13. Jake Leavitt (72-68-74–214) +4
T20. Quade Lukes (72-72-72–216) +6
T27. Charlie May (70-72-76–218) +8
T47. William Harwood (75-75-73–223) +13
T54. Philip Loeb (75-73-77–225) +15
90. Dustin Blank (80-80-WD–WD) WD