WHEN: Tuesday, Nov. 28 | 7 p.m.
WHERE: Pittsburgh, Pa. | Petersen Events Center
RECORDS: High Point (2-3), Pitt (2-4)
SERIES RECORD: First Meeting
LIVE STATS: Click here
VIDEO: ACC Network Extra
LIVE AUDIO: High Point Panthers Radio Network
GAME NOTES: Click here
HIGH POINT, N.C. — The High Point University men’s basketball team (2-3) travels to Pittsburgh to face off against Pitt on Tuesday night (Nov. 28). Tip-off at the Petersen Events Center is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Kevin Burke will be back on the call on the High Point Panthers Radio Network on Tuesday, with pre-game coverage beginning approximately at 6:30 p.m. The game will also be broadcast on ACC Network Extra with Jeff Hathhorn and Curtis Aiken calling the action.
• This will be the first-ever meeting between the two programs.
• High Point is coming off a 70-67 loss at Charlotte on Friday night (Nov. 24). High Point was down 68-59 with 4:40 to go, and was within three with 12 seconds left, but junior Andre Fox’s 3-point attempt to tie the game bounced off the rim.
• Sophomore Brandonn Kamga recorded a career-high at Charlotte with 26 points on 11-16 shooting from the field.
• Junior Andre Fox is second in the Big South in scoring with 18.8 points per game and is 10th in the league with 5.4 rebounds per contest. He scored career highs in back-to-back games, tallying 24 against The Citadel on Nov. 18 before dropping 25 on Methodist on Nov. 21.
• In conjunction with Fox’s two big days, the Panthers’ leading scorer has recorded a career high in four of HPU’s five games this season. Sophomore Jahaad Proctor had 28 in the season-opening win over William & Mary on Nov. 10, while sophomore Brandonn Kamga posted 26 at Charlotte on Nov. 24.
• Freshman Justyn Mutts made his first career start against Methodist and tallied a season-high 13 points with six rebounds and two blocks. He has 10 blocks through five games, which ranks second in the Big South (2.0 blocks per game). Mutts followed that effort with a start at Charlotte, going 3-3 from the field for six points.
HISTORY vs. PITT
This will be the first meeting between the two programs.
HISTORY vs. ACC OPPONENTS
High Point University has posted a 2-37 record in 39 all-time meetings with ACC opponents. The Panthers most common ACC opponents are Wake Forest (1-11), North Carolina (0-7) and NC State (0-7). Seven of the 11 meetings with the Demon Deacons came in the 1930s and 1940s. HPU’s wins came over Wake Forest (19-13) in 1935 and Virginia Tech (84-75) in 1952. In the most recent meeting with an ACC program, HPU dropped an 83-74 decision at Clemson on Nov. 25, 2016.
A LOOK AT THE PITT PANTHERS (2-4)
Pitt defeated Lehigh, 80-68, in Pittsburgh on Saturday (Nov. 25) to improve to 2-4 on the season. Ryan Luther is averaging almost a double-double with 13.2 points and 9.3 rebounds per game. The Panthers are led in scoring by Jared Wilson-Frame, who is posting 14.5 points per contest.
The Panthers will host Johnson and Wales on Friday (Dec. 1). Tip-off at the Millis Center is scheduled for 7 p.m.