WHEN: Sunday, Dec. 10 | 2 p.m.
WHERE: High Point, N.C. | Millis Center (1,750)
RECORDS: High Point (3-5) | Toccoa Falls (0-7)
SERIES RECORD: First Meeting
LIVE STATS: Click here
VIDEO: Click here
LIVE AUDIO: High Point Panthers Radio Network
GAME NOTES: Click here
HIGH POINT, N.C. — The High Point University men’s basketball team (3-5) plays its final home game of 2017 when it hosts Toccoa Falls (0-7) on Sunday afternoon. Tip-off at the Millis Center is set for 2 p.m.
Kevin Burke and Stafford Stephenson will be back on the call on the High Point Panthers Radio Network on Sunday, with pre-game coverage beginning approximately at 1:30 p.m. The game will be broadcast on the Big South Network with Kevin McMahon and Craig Blum calling the action.
There will be cookies, hot chocolate and holiday ornaments given to all spectators in attendance.
• This will be the first meeting between the two programs.
• High Point is coming off a 70-58 loss at College of Charleston on Monday night (Dec. 4). Junior Andre Fox scored a game-high 24 points, while senior Jordan Whitehead grabbed a career-best nine rebounds.
• Junior Andre Fox tallied 24 points at College of Charleston and has scored 20 or more points in five of eight games this season after posting six games in 2016-17. Fox is the first Panther to tally 20 or more points in five games in an eight-game stretch since John Brown scored 20-plus in six of seven games from Jan. 2-Feb. 3, 2016. The 2016-17 Panthers had players score 20 or more 14 times, while this year has already seen seven occasions (Fox 5x, Kamga and Proctor once each).
• Fox is currently second in the Big South with 19.0 points per game, tied for third in field goal percentage at 50.0 percent and leads the conference with a 93.3 free throw percentage.
• Against Johnson & Wales on Dec. 1, all 12 HPU players that saw action scored at least two points and grabbed at least one rebound. It was the first time the Panthers have accomplished this feat since an 88-80 win over Longwood on Feb. 18, 2016 in Farmville, Va.
• Sophomore Cliff Thomas Jr. posted a career-high 12 points to go along with six rebounds against Johnson & Wales. Junior Dexter Gooding had a career-high four steals in nine minutes against the Wildcats. In addition, Jordan Whitehead added a career-high seven points with six rebounds.
HISTORY vs. TOCCOA FALLS
This will be the first meeting between the two programs.
A LOOK AT THE EAGLES (0-7)
Toccoa Falls College is a part of the National Christian College Athletic Association. The Eagles fell in their last outing, 97-68 against Florida College on Dec. 2 in Temple Terrace, Fla. Kevin Cave leads Toccoa Falls with 14.1 points per game.
The Panthers will travel to Asheville, N.C., for the Mountain Invitational on Dec. 17. High Point will play Wofford at the U.S. Cellular Center at 2 p.m.