RICHMOND, Va. – For the second time this season, Elon junior shortstop Ryne Ogren has been selected as the Colonial Athletic Association Player of the Week. The league announced its weekly award winners on Monday, May 14.
Ogren, who hails from Devon, Pa., hit .583 (7-for-12) with three doubles, five runs scored and eight RBI in Elon’s 3-1 week. In the Phoenix’s three-game sweep of Towson, Ogren reached base in 10 of his 13 plate appearances, gong 5-for-8 with five walks. Ogren drove in multiple runs in three of the four games last week and recorded the 200th hit of his career in Friday’s victory over the Tigers.
On the year, Ogren leads the team with a .354 batting average, 36 runs scored, 16 doubles and 50 RBI. He has scored 36 runs, hit three home runs and is a perfect 6-for-6 in stolen base attempts on the year.
Ogren and the Phoenix will be back in action on Tuesday, May 15, as the maroon and gold visits UNCG for a 6 p.m. game.
2018 Elon Baseball CAA Honors
• Ryne Ogren – Player of the Week (Feb. 27)
• Garrett Stonehouse – Player of the Week (March 19)
• Kyle Brnovich – co-Pitcher of the Week (April 2)
• Kyle Brnovich – co-Pitcher of the Week (April 23)
• Cam Devanney – co-Player of the Week (April 30)
• Ryne Ogren – co-Player of the Week (May 14)