WHEN: Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018 | 8 p.m. Eastern
WHERE: Valparaiso, Ind. | Athletics-Recreation Center (5,000)
SERIES RECORD: 1st Meeting
LIVE STATS: Click Here
AUDIO: High Point Panther Radio Network
GAME NOTES: Click here
HIGH POINT, N.C. — The High Point University men’s basketball team travels for a road game at Valparaiso on Tuesday (Dec. 4). Tip-off at the Athletics-Recreation Center in Valparaiso, Ind., is set for 8 p.m. Eastern and the game will be broadcast on ESPN3.
• High Point (3-5) will meet Valpo (5-3) for the first time in program history. HPU head coach Tubby Smith has face the Crusaders once before, winning in the NCAA Tournament First Round in 2002 with Kentucky.
• Last time out, the Panthers dropped a heartbreaker to Eastern Kentucky, 70-69, on a last-second 3-point shot Saturday afternoon (Dec. 1) at the Millis Center.
• Junior Brandonn Kamga recorded a career-high 27 points, while fellow junior Jahaad Proctor added 24.
• For Kamga, it was the third time in his career he has scored 20 or more points and was one point higher than his previous career high of 26, set against Charlotte on Nov. 24, 2017.
• For Proctor, it was the fifth-consecutive game he has scored 20 or more points and the sixth time in eight games this season. Proctor is third in the Big South in scoring, averaging 20.8 points per game.
• The Eastern Kentucky game was the third time Kamga and Proctor have scored 20 or more points in the same game.
Kyle West will be on the call on the High Point Panthers Radio Network starting at 7:50 p.m. Eastern.
HISTORY vs. VALPARAISO
This will be the first meeting between the two schools.
A LOOK AT THE CRUSADERS (5-3)
Valparaiso defeated UC Riverside, 82-73, on Sunday (Dec. 2) to improve to 5-3 on the season. The Crusaders have five players averaging in double figures, led by Derrik Smits with 15.0 per game. Smits also leads the team with 7.0 rebounds per contest. Ryan Fazekas averages 12.0 points per game, while Javon Freeman (11.5), Markus Golder (11.4) and Bakari Evelyn (10.0) also average in double digits.
TUBBY SMITH vs. VALPARAISO and the MISSOURI VALLEY CONFERENCE
HPU Head Coach Tubby Smith has faced Valparaiso once in his head coaching career. Coach Smith’s Kentucky Wildcats defeated the Crusaders, 83-68, on March 14, 2002 in the NCAA Tournament First Round in St. Louis. Coach Smith is 44-23 all-time against Missouri Valley opposition. He coached Tulsa for four seasons in the MVC, winning a pair of regular-season titles (1993-94, 1994-95).
The Panthers are off for exams and return to action on Dec. 15 when they host Western Carolina. Tip-off at the Millis Center is set for 7 p.m.