High Point vs. Washington College
WHEN: Wednesday, January 2 | 7 p.m.
WHERE: High Point, N.C. | Millis Center
SERIES RECORD: First Meeting
LIVE STATS: Click Here
AUDIO: High Point Panther Radio Network
GAME NOTES: Click Here
HIGH POINT, N.C. — The High Point University men’s basketball team opens 2019 and closes out the non-conference portion of the season at home against Washington College (Md.) on Wednesday (Jan. 2). Tip-off at the Millis Center is set for 7 p.m. and the game will be broadcast on ESPN+.
• This will be the first all-time meeting between the Panthers (6-7) and Shoremen (5-6).
• HPU is coming off of an 82-64 loss at Ohio State on Saturday (Dec. 29, 2018). Senior Ricky Madison led the Purple & White with 12 points and eight rebounds.
• Junior Jahaad Proctor was held to four points against the Buckeyes, but has scored 20 or more points in eight of his last 10 games.
• The Panthers’ first halves have been important this season and are 4-1 when leading or tied at the break and are 2-6 when trailing at halftime.
• High Point scores 59.8 percent of its points from 2-point field goals, which is the 10th-highest ratio in the country.
HISTORY vs. WASHINGTON COLLEGE (Md.)
This will be first meeting between the two programs.
A LOOK AT THE SHOREMEN
Washington College is 5-6 on the season, but has not played since Dec. 8, a 59-54 win over Haverford. Dallas Marshall leads the Shoremen with 11.0 points per game, while Austin Allen leads the squad with 5.2 rebounds per game.
The Panthers will open Big South play at Charleston Southern in North Charleston, S.C., on Saturday (Jan. 5). Tip-off at the Buc Dome is set for 5:30 p.m.