HIGH POINT, N.C. – Just three weeks into the baseball season and the High Point University bullpen has already earned its second conference honor of the season this Monday, with right-hander Grey Lyttle collecting Big South Reliever of the Week accolades.
Big South Baseball Reliever of the Week
Grey Lyttle | Right-Handed Pitcher | Junior | Ashland, Va.
• First career Big South Baseball Reliever of the Week honor
• Collected his second save of the season in a 6-4 win over NC Central
• Made two shutout appearances over the course of the week, with his second coming against William & Mary
• With 3.1 IP, Lyttle allowed just a single base runner while striking out three of 11 batters faced
• Lone walk issued against NCCU is the only base runner he’s allowed all season
Coming in for the final five outs against NCCU, Lyttle recorded his second save of 2019, while facing one over the minimum. The right-hander issued a single walk to the Eagles while striking out a pair to secure a 6-4 win for his side. Lyttle delivered a second shutout performance during game two of the Panthers’ doubleheader against William & Mary. The Virginia-native retired his five batters in order, as his lone walk against NCCU is the only base runner he’s allowed all year. Lyttle continues to hold a 0.00 for 2019, while his WHIP sits at a paltry 0.19 and his K/9 averages out to 11.81.
The Panthers earned back-to-back victories against NC Central and NC A&T last Tuesday and Wednesday before falling to William & Mary on the weekend. HPU currently sits at 4-5 for the year putting them fourth in the current Big South standings.
Coming Up Next
The Panthers complete their home stand with a Tuesday contest against Elon, with first pitch scheduled for 4 PM. HPU has split their home and home series with the Phoenix over the past two years, with the road team coming out victorious in all four of those previous matchups.