GREENSBORO, N.C. – Bridgewater College scored a 9-0 Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) women’s tennis win at Guilford College Saturday.
The Eagles improved to 6-4 overall, 3-2 in the ODAC. Guilford dropped to 2-12 (0-10 ODAC).
Bridgewater raced to a 3-0 lead with three decisive doubles wins. The Eagles’ top tandem of Whitney Kiser and Nicole Shifflett downed the Quakers’ Makayla McLaurin and Delaney Taylor, 8-1, in what proved the closest of the three matches. Stephanie Barton and Rachel Crawford picked up an 8-0 win at second doubles and teammates Alexia Will and Caroline Edwards took the third-doubles match by the same score.
The Eagles’ won all six singles matches in straight sets. Kiser won the first-singles contest, 6-3, 6-1, over McLaurin. Shifflett’s 6-2, 6-4 second-singles win over Taylor proved the closest of the singles matches. Crawford and Emily Daigneault did not lose a game in victories at fourth and sixth singles, respectively.
Coach Kim Kleimeier’s ’13 Quakers visit Averett University Thursday (4/11) in nonconference play.
Tennis Match Results
Bridgewater (Va.) vs Guilford
Apr 06, 2019 at Greensboro, N.C.
(McMichael Centennial Class Courts)
Bridgewater (Va.) 9, Guilford 0
1. Whitney Kiser (BCWT) def. Makayla Mclaurin (GCW) 6-3, 6-1
2. Nicole Shifflett (BCWT) def. Delaney Taylor (GCW) 6-2, 6-4
3. Stephanie Barton (BCWT) def. Olivia La Ganza (GCW) 6-0, 6-1
4. Rachel Crawford (BCWT) def. Megan Kimpel (GCW) 6-0, 6-0
5. Alexia Will (BCWT) def. Alex Giddens (GCW) 6-2, 6-2
6. Emily Daigneault (BCWT) def. Jessica Fuentes (GCW) 6-0, 6-0
1. Whitney Kiser/Nicole Shifflett (BCWT) def. Makayla Mclaurin/Delaney Taylor (GCW) 8-1
2. Stephanie Barton/Rachel Crawford (BCWT) def. Olivia La Ganza/Alex Giddens (GCW) 8-0
3. Alexia Will/Caroline Edwards (BCWT) def. Dakota Mclean/Megan Kimpel (GCW) 8-0
Bridgewater (Va.) 6-4, 3-2 ODAC
Guilford 2-12, 0-10 ODAC
Old Dominion Athletic Conference match