WOMEN’s STORY: Lynchburg Hands Guilford Second Straight Loss / Men’s Follows
LYNCHBURG, Va. – The Lynchburg women’s tennis team handed Guilford its second straight loss, 9-0, on Sunday, April 11th.
The Hornets surrendered just one set in doubles play as No. 1 seeds Christina Harris and Caroline Guill earned an 8-0 victory over Madyson Schreiber and Hannah Pardue. Teammates, and second seeds, Alissa Anderson and Lauren Pascadlo also earned a victory over Hannah Arnett and Bea Niyibizi, which came in 8-1 fashion. Lynchburg completed the sweep when No. 3 seeds Elizabeth Teefey and Alexa Hardesty claimed and 8-0 victory over Nya Reed and Alys Parker.
Harris grabbed her second win of the afternoon for the Hornets (6-1, 6-1) when she emerged in two sets over Schreiber. Teefey was also responsible for a singles point, earn a 6-1, 6-1 win over Pardue when the No. 2 seeds collided.
Anderson handed Arnett a 6-1, 6-0 loss in the meeting of No. 3 seeds while Pascadlo was triumphant in No. 4 singles with a 6-2, 6-0 victory against Niyibizi.
Druebbisch kept the Hornets perfect with a 6-1, 6-0 victory against No. 5 seed Reed, while Guill claimed a 6-0, 6-0 win over Jessica Fuentes in the clash of No. 6 seeds.
Lynchburg 9, Guilford Quakers 0
1. Christina Harris (LYNW) def. Madyson Schreiber (GUILW) 6-1, 6-1
2. Elizabeth Teefey (LYNW) def. Hannah Pardue (GUILW) 6-1, 6-1
3. Alissa Anderson (LYNW) def. Hannah Arnett (GUILW) 6-1, 6-0
4. Lauren Pascadlo (LYNW) def. Bea Niyibizi (GUILW) 6-2, 6-0
5. Ellen Druebbisch (LYNW) def. Nya Reed (GUILW) 6-1, 6-0
6. Caroline Guill (LYNW) def. Jessica Fuentes (GUILW) 6-0, 6-0
1. Christina Harris/Caroline Guill (LYNW) def. Madyson Schreiber/Hannah Pardue (GUILW) 8-0
2. Alissa Anderson/Lauren Pascadlo (LYNW) def. Hannah Arnett/Bea Niyibizi (GUILW) 8-1
3. Elizabeth Teefey/Alexa Hardesty (LYNW) def. Nya Reed/Alys Parker (GUILW) 8-0
MENS STORY: Quaker Men’s Tennis Wins in Decisive Fashion Over Lynchburg
LYNCHBURG, Va. – The Guilford men’s tennis team put together a decisive 9-0 victory over host Lynchburg on Sunday, April 11th, marking the second ODAC win in as many matches for the Quakers.
The Quakers (6-1, 5-1 ODAC) earned the first three points of the match by sweeping their way through doubles action. The No. 1 seeded pair of 1. Elijah Gregory and Joe Horne were responsible for one of those points with an 8-2 victory over Daniel Christian and Carter McCleary (LYNM). Teammates Drake Schreiber and Jay Montague followed suit with an 8-7 (7-3) win against Colton Mullins and Vincent Oliver.
Meanwhile, Tye Sasser and Tim Thompson earned an 8-1 victory against Cooper Brewen and Matthew Manos.
Horne followed that victory with a 6-1, 6-3 win in singles action over Colton Mullins in No. 1 action. Schreiber added a 6-1, 6-2 win over Christian in No. 2 singles to provide the Quakers with a point. Gregory continued the hot streak for Guilford as he posted a 6-1, 6-1 win against McCleary in No. 3 singles.
Montague helped Guilford maintain its perfect score with a 6-0, 6-1 win over Brewen in No. 4 singles. Dominik Pocrnja added an 8-5 win over Vincent Oliver for the Quakers while Drew Clark emerged with a 6-1, 6-0 victory against Manos in No. 6 singles.
The Quakers now head to Hampden-Sydney on Monday, April 12th, for a clash with the Tigers at 1 p.m.
Guilford Quakers 9, Lynchburg 0
1. Joe Horne (GUILM) def. Colton Mullins (LYNM) 6-1, 6-3
2. Drake Schreiber (GUILM) def. Daniel Christian (LYNM) 6-1, 6-2
3. Elijah Gregory (GUILM) def. Carter McCleary (LYNM) 6-1, 6-1
4. Jay Montague (GUILM) def. Cooper Brewen (LYNM) 6-0, 6-1
5. Dominik Pocrnja (GUILM) def. Vincent Oliver (LYNM) 8-5
6. Drew Clark (GUILM) def. Matthew Manos (LYNM) 6-1, 6-0
1. Elijah Gregory/Joe Horne (GUILM) def. Daniel Christian/Carter McCleary (LYNM) 8-2
2. Drake Schreiber/Jay Montague (GUILM) def. Colton Mullins/Vincent Oliver (LYNM) 8-7 (7-3)
3. Tye Sasser/Tim Thompson (GUILM) def. Cooper Brewen/Matthew Manos (LYNM) 8-1