GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Guilford women’s tennis team suffered its fourth straight loss on Saturday, April 17th with a 7-2 setback to ODAC rival Bridgewater.
The Quakers claimed one of their two points in doubles as Madyson Schreiber and Hannah Pardue came through with an 8-6 win in No. 1 doubles over Whitney Kiser and Malena Hoover. However, the Eagles took both the No. 2 and No. 3 doubles matches by scores of 8-0. In No. 2 play, Rachel Crawford and Ali Keister downed Hannah Arnett and Bea Niyibizi. Meanwhile, No. 3 seeds Emily Daigneault and Ryan Roeber defeated Alys Parker and Nya Reed.
Kiser also claimed her singles point (6-4, 2-6, 6-2) for Bridgewater by defeating Schreiber in No. 1 action. Crawford picked up a 6-1, 6-2 win over Arnett in No. 3 singles, while Hoover earned a 6-2, 6-0 victory in No. 4 singles.
Keister added a point for the Eagles in No. 5 singles with her decisive 6-0, 6-1 victory against Jessica Fuentes. Roeber claimed the No. 6 singles point with a 6-0, 6-1 victory against Alys Parker.
The lone singles win for the Quakers was recorded by Pardue, who came through with a 6-0, 6-0 sweep of Daigneault in No. 2 singles.
The Quakers close out the season on Sunday, April 18th at Sweet Briar. Match is set to start at 2 p.m.
Bridgewater 7, Guilford Quakers 2
1. Whitney Kiser (BCWT21) def. Madyson Schreiber (GUILW) 6-4, 2-6, 6-2
2. Hannah Pardue (GUILW) def. Emily Daigneault (BCWT21) 6-0, 6-0
3. Rachel Crawford (BCWT21) def. Hannah Arnett (GUILW) 6-1, 6-2
4. Malena Hoover (BCWT21) def. Nya Reed (GUILW) 6-2, 6-0
5. Ali Keister (BCWT21) def. Jessica Fuentes (GUILW) 6-0, 6-1
6. Ryan Roeber (BCWT21) def. Alys Parker (GUILW) 6-0, 6-1
1. Madyson Schreiber/Hannah Pardue (GUILW) def. Whitney Kiser/Malena Hoover (BCWT21) 8-6
2. Rachel Crawford/Ali Keister (BCWT21) def. Hannah Arnett/Bea Niyibizi (GUILW) 8-0
3. Emily Daigneault/Ryan Roeber (BCWT21) def. Alys Parker/Nya Reed (GUILW) 8-0