JACKSONVILLE, FLA. — The High Point University women’s track and field team had three competitors on Day 4, the final day of the NCAA East Preliminary Championships, Saturday, May 29th. Alicia Dawson competed in her second event of the week in the Long Jump later on the track, Famke Heinst and Zoe Geis ran in the 3000m Steeplechase. This was Heinst’s third time competing at the NCAA East Preliminary Championships in the 3000m Steeplechase, her third consecutive trip.
– Dawson jumped 11.79 in her first jump.
– Dawson’s last attempt of the day was her biggest as he jumped 12.25m. She finished 38th overall with a mark of 12.25m.
– Geis ran a time of 10:22.61. She finished 22nd overall.
– Geis’ fantastic Panther career came to an end in her first NCAA East Preliminary Championship appearance. Geis finished up her career as the reigning Big South Most Valuable Athlete.
– Heinst ran a time of 10:32.17. She finishes 29th overall.
– Heinst ends her terrific Panther career with what was an outstanding senior campaign that saw her win the Big South Cross-Country title, and compete at the NCAA Cross Country National Title. She was also the Big South’s champion in the 5000m, and the 1500m. This marks her second NCAA Championship appearance this academic year.
Sydney Horn will be heading to Eugene in nine days for the 2021 NCAA Outdoor Track and Field National Championship to compete in the women’s pole vault for the national title.