Many questions are surrounding the Kiser Middle School rebuild on the Grimsley High School baseball and softball fields…GCS is looking to take away/eliminate the Grimsley High School softball and baseball fields, and one of the biggest questions about this land takeover project might be this one:Why is GCS destroying the Grimsley fields and facilities that are in near perfect condition that our community has helped build and maintain starting back when they were built by Willie Young Sr. and Lewis McCall when there is land directly behind Kiser to rebuild?
Progress always comes at a cost. Unfortunately this cost arrives as a 98mph bean ball right between the eyes of the GHS BB and SB programs. There are zero BB fields not in use during BB season. Recovery for these programs is questionable. https://t.co/ftC2bPa8hp
— Gary Flynn (@GFlynn1957) November 9, 2021
Grimsley Booster Club with this outreach to the local Greensboro community this morning……
Please help us save our Softball and Baseball Fields and Facilities by emailing :
Michelle Reed @ email@example.com
Pat Tillman @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah Napper @ email@example.com
There is a plan to build the new Kiser Middle School on these two fields.
They are actively surveying the land.
There is no future plan in writing that has been shared with the public at this time beyond the rebuild of Kiser that pertains to the Grimsley fields and facilities rebuild.
Grimsley has a student population of 1,720.
35% (approx. 600) are student athletes.
The softball and baseball teams are not the only teams that use these fields and facilities. Most of our athletic team rely on these fields and facilities also due to the lack of field space on our Grimsley campus.
Please see the list below of all of the teams that this will affect.
Baseball JV & Varsity
Field Hockey JV & Varsity
Men’s Lacrosse JV & Varsity
Women’s Soccer JV & Varsity
Men’s Soccer JV & Varsity
Many questions that we need to ask the Guilford County School Board include, but are not limited to…
1. Where will our athletes practice and play?
2. Will there be a cost associated with “renting” fields and who will be responsible to pay for it?
3. How will they get to the off campus fields and facilities?
4. If busing is involved who will be responsible to pay for it?
5. Where will the new softball and baseball fields and facilities be built?
6. Where is the money that will be used to build these fields and facilities?
7. When will these fields and facilities be built?
8. Will facilities be built to match or give our athletes better facilities?
9. Where is the plan for the future redevelopment of the fields and facilities?
10. Why is GCS destroying the Grimsley fields and facilities that are in near perfect condition that our community has helped build and maintain starting back when they were built by Willie Young Sr. and Lewis McCall when there is land directly behind Kiser to rebuild?
Click the link below for historical info about the two men that built our beautiful fields and facilities.
Click the link below to see the Guilford County Schools
Facilities Master Plan Recommendations.
Your help in preserving the Grimsley campus is much appreciated!
The Grimsley Athletics Booster Club