GREENSBORO, N.C. — Third Round results from the FootJoy Invitational conducted by the American Junior Golf Association at Sedgefield Country Club. Boys Par: 35-35–70. Yardage: 7065. Rating: 74.8. Slope: 138
1. Cameron Peck, Olympia, Wash. (2009) 66-71-68–205 -5
2. Rak Cho, Brea, Calif. (2011) 67-68-71–206 -4
3. Jordan Spieth, Dallas, Texas (2011) 71-67-70–208 -2
4. William Sjaichudin, Bradenton, Fla. (2008) 70-70-69–209 -1
4. Chan Kim, Chandler, Ariz. (2008) 66-73-70–209 -1
4. T.J. Vogel, Cooper City, Fla. (2009) 68-67-74–209 -1
7. Cory Whitsett, Houston, Texas (2010) 69-71-70–210 E
7. Talor Gooch, Midwest City, Okla. (2010) 72-67-71–210 E
9. Anthony Paolucci, Dallas, Texas (2011) 71-71-69–211 +1
9. Logan Harrell, Huntersville, N.C. (2010) 68-72-71–211 +1
9. Zachary Blair, Ogden, Utah (2009) 71-69-71–211 +1
GREENSBORO, N.C. â€” Cameron Peck of Olympia, Wash., holds the lead at 5-under-par 205 after Thursday’s third round of the FootJoy Invitational. The third round was delayed by one hour and 12 minutes while thunderstorms were in the area; no rain fell on the golf course.
Conducted by the American Junior Golf Association, the FootJoy Invitational is a 72-hole stroke play event being held at Sedgefield Country Club. The tournament field consists of 99 boys, ages 12-18, from 23 states and seven foreign countries. The field is playing the par-70 course, home of the PGA TOUR’s Wyndham Championship, at 7,065 yards. After Thursday’s third round, the field was cut to the top 60 and ties.
Peck’s third round featured five birdies, four of which came on his last eight holes. Of his four birdies, Peck said the par-4 No. 11 was his best hole of the day.
â€œI was 2-over-par through No. 10,â€ Peck said. â€œI hit a really good shot on No. 11. It built the momentum and pushed me forward to play well and claim the lead.â€
Final Round Tee Times and Pairings:
Midwest City, Okla.
Cooper City, Fla.
*****from Jim Modlin and Rob Goodman at 3-G Sports*****