Travel Ball Select national rankings has Greensboro Batting Center Team Acceleration 11U ranked # 3 in the US
1. Tomateros de California (1) The Tomateros start the 11u season where they left off last year, number 1. Having already played in two Super NITs, winning one and coming in second in the other the boys from Southern California look to be as strong as ever.
2. Leon Medical Centers Baseball (FL) (2) LMC moves up a few spots from the 2008 final rankings largely because they play in arguably the most competitive region in the country. South Florida has three teams ranked in the top eight. LMC has played in five tournaments and have been in the championship game of all five. Their three in class losses are all by one run. LMC will be traveling to Greensboro,NC to play in the Super NIT with hopes of qualifying for the USSSA Elite 32 World Series.
3. GBC Team Acceleration (NC) GBC moves up to three as they continue their winning ways. They played in eight tournaments in the fall while winning five. Five of the tournaments they played in were 12u and they won three of the 12u events. GBC has a busy scheduling including several Super NITs and the Battle in the South.
4. Dallas Patriots (TX) The Patriots finished the 2008 10u season ranked #2. The Patriots finished sixth recently in the Triple Crown Season Opener.
5. West Pines Nike Cobras (FL) The Cobras make the big jump from #12 to the top five due to their activity and incredible success in South Florida. Nike played in nine tournaments, five since January. They have played in the championship game in eight of those tournaments winning six. The Cobras have an in class record of 29-3 with all three losses to LMC. (1-3 vs LMC in tournament play) The Cobras will be traveling to Tennessee to play in the USSSA Super NIT with hopes of qualifying for the Elite 32.
6. Banditos Black (TX) The Banditos seem to have retooled a little. Look for the Black to be as good as ever. With a legitimate number one at the top of the rotation the Banditos will be in the hunt of any tournament they enter. Look for the Banditos Black to continue the winning tradition.
7. Oklahoma Elite (OK) The Elite slip two spots primarily due to inactivity. With no changes to their roster TBS expects the Elite to continue their dominance in the 11u age group. Look for the Oklahoma Elite to make a strong showing at the AZ Super NIT.
8. Miami Playmakers (FL) The Playmakers started the fall season by winning the Triple Crown Fall Nationals. They did so by beating TBS #2 LMC. The Playmakers have an in class tournament record of 7-3 with two losses to TBS #5 Nike Cobras. Look for the Miami Playmakers to make a run at the Elite 32 along with their South Florida Rivals.
9. Knoxville Stars (TN) The Stars finished the 2008 season ranked #6. This team from Tennessee can play with anyone. They came up a little short at the Triple Crown Nationals in SC this past summer with a one run loss to the Flower Mound Warriors from TX. Look for a possible matchup with TBS 5 Nike Cobras in the Super NIT in May.
10. East Cobb Longhorns (GA) The Longhorns have started the spring season in impressive fashion. Arguably the top team out of Georgia the Longhorns have staked claim to a top ten ranking. This past weekend the Longhorns went 6-0 on their way to the Atl. Super NIT Championship going 6-0 outlasting the 28 team field. The week before the Super NIT they won a 12u tournament. Look for the Longhorns to continue to climb the rankings.
The GBC Team Acceleration 11u team is coached by Scott Clemons.