GREENSBORO, NC – Jordan Finnegan and Amanda Bercovici both won twice in visiting Washington (Md.) College’s 7-2 tennis victory at Guilford College Tuesday.
The Shorewomen (3-0) captured five of six singles contests and two of the three doubles matches. Finnegan won in straight sets at first singles and teamed with Bercovici at first doubles for an 8-6 triumph over Quakers’ rookies Haley Andrews and Allison Hewitt. Bercovici did not yield a point in her victory over Guilford’s Natalie Sutton at second singles. Campbell McNicol and Kat Cohen teamed for an 8-3 second doubles win and also won their singles matches.
Meredith Shaffer claimed the sixth singles match and the Quakers’ third-doubles tandem of Dominique Crespo and Adelaide Ayres also won, accounting for Guilford’s points.
Guilford hosts Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC)-rival Roanoke College Thursday at 3:30 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
Washington College vs Guilford
Mar 13, 2012 at Greensboro, NC
McMichael Centennial Class Courts
Washington College – 7
Guilford – 2
1. Jordan Finnegan (WC) def. Haley Andrews (GC) 6-2, 6-2
2. Amanda Bercovici (WC) def. Natalie Sutton (GC) 6-0, 6-0
3. Campbell McNicol (WC) def. Allison Hewitt (GC) 6-2, 6-0
4. Bethany Daller (WC) def. Dominique Crespo (GC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Kat Cohen (WC) def. Kim Kleimeier (GC) 7-6 (7-3), 6-1
6. Meredith Shaffer (GC) def. Amy Stevens (WC) 6-1, 6-3
1. Jordan Finnegan/Amanda Bercovici (WC) def. Haley Andrews/Allison Hewitt (GC) 8-6
2. Kat Cohen/Campbell McNicol (WC) def. Kim Kleimeier/Natalie Sutton (GC) 8-3
3. Dominique Crespo/Adelaide Ayres (GC) def. Amy Stevens/Bethany Daller (WC) 8-6
Washington College 3-0; Regional ranking #7