GREENSBORO, N.C. – Guilford College’s women’s tennis team pulled out a 5-4 win over visiting Randolph College in an Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) match. The Quakers (4-7, 2-3 ODAC) stopped a three-match losing skid with the win.
Guilford took two of the three doubles points, thanks in part to Natalie Sutton and Kim Kleimeier’s 8-5 victory in their first-doubles debut. The Quakers’ Dominique Crespo and Adelaide Ayres earned their fifth straight victory at third doubles with an 8-0 triumph over Danielle Lewis and Brier D’Arcy.
The WildCats (3-3, 1-2 ODAC) captured the top three singles matches, but Crespo stopped the run with a 6-1, 6-2 victory over Randolph’s Kaitlyn Kolster. Kleimeier and Meredith Shaffer both won in straight sets at fifth and sixth singles, respectively, for Guilford.
The Quakers hit the road for a 1:00 p.m. match Sunday (3/18) at league-rival Lynchburg College.
Tennis Match Results
Randolph vs Guilford
Mar 17, 2012 at Greensboro, NC
McMichael Centennial Class Courts
Guilford – 5
Randolph – 4
1. Patricia Verdezoto (RAND) def. Haley Andrews (GC) 6-3, 6-3
2. Anna Culpepper (RAND) def. Natalie Sutton (GC) 7-5, 7-6 (7-1)
3. Jane Campbell (RAND) def. Allison Hewitt (GC) 6-1, 6-3
4. Dominique Crespo (GC) def. Kaitlyn Kolster (RAND) 6-1, 6-2
5. Kim Kleimeier (GC) def. Danielle Lewis (RAND) 6-0, 6-0
6. Meredith Shaffer (GC) def. Tiandre Forde (RAND) 6-1, 6-1
1. Natalie Sutton/Kim Kleimeier (GC) def. Anna Culpepper/Jane Campbell (RAND) 8-5
2. Patricia Verdezoto/Kaitlyn Kolster (RAND) def. Haley Andrews/Allison Hewitt (GC) 8-4
3. Adelaide Ayres/Dominique Crespo (GC) def. Danielle Lewis/Brier D’Arcy (RAND) 8-0
Randolph 3-3, 1-2 ODAC
Guilford 4-7, 2-3 ODAC
Old Dominion Athletic Conference match