GREENSBORO, N.C. – Guilford’s men’s tennis team shut out visiting Randolph College, 9-0, Saturday in an Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) match. The Quakers (6-5, 3-1 ODAC) have won four of their last five matches, including three straight league tilts.
Randolph slips to 3-6 (1-3 ODAC) with the loss.
Guilford won all nine matches in straight sets. Tyler Mercier won at first singles over Randolph’s Daniil Llyalko, 6-2, 6-1, and teamed with Turner Votipka for an 8-4 first doubles win over Lyalko and Shaun Chopp. Votipka did not yield a point in his 6-0, 6-0 victory over the WildCats’ Jason Corsbie.
The Quakers visit league-rival Lynchburg College Sunday (3/18) at 1:00 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
Randolph vs Guilford
Mar 17, 2012 at Greensboro, NC
McMichael Centennial Class Courts
Guilford – 9
Randolph – 0
1. Tyler Mercier (GC) def. Daniil Lyalko (RAND) 6-2, 6-1
2. Turner Votipka (GC) def. Jason Corsbie (RAND) 6-0, 6-0
3. Clayton Hamilton (GC) def. Mitch Franko (RAND) 6-2, 6-2
4. Colin Rapp (GC) def. Shaun Chopp (RAND) 6-2, 6-2
5. Mark Cheong (GC) def. Zach Dales (RAND) 7-5, 6-2
6. Ben Nelson (GC) def. Dang Hai Phung (RAND) 6-2, 6-1
1. Tyler Mercier/Clayton Hamilton (GC) def. Daniil Lyalko/Shaun Chopp (RAND) 8-4
2. Turner Votipka/Colin Rapp (GC) def. Mitch Franko/Ben See (RAND) 8-0
3. Chris Wilson/Ben Nelson (GC) def. Jason Corsbie/Dang Hai Phung (RAND) 8-2
Randolph 3-6, 1-3 ODAC
Guilford 6-5, 3-1 ODAC
Old Dominion Athletic Conference match