ELON, N.C. – Every Monday, Phoenix fans can get a look at the week ahead with our “Elon Athletics Weekly Update” feature when we will preview all the week’s upcoming events for our sports teams.
Football (2-8, 1-6)
Inside the Huddle Luncheon, Monday, Nov. 14, at 12 p.m., Best Western Plus
Elon Football Live Radio Show, Thursday, Nov. 17, at 7 p.m., The Fat Frogg
Elon at James Madison, Saturday, Nov. 19, at 1:30 p.m., Harrisonburg, Va.
• Elon scored its second defensive touchdown of the season in Saturday’s game against Rhode Island as Dondre Howell returned an interception 26 yards for a score on the first play from scrimmage.
• Linebacker John Silas made eight tackles against the Rams to move in to a tie for fifth place on the program’s all-time tackles chart. He and Brandon Wiggins (2007-10) both have made 350 tackles.
• The Phoenix will close out the 2016 season with a trip to James Madison on Saturday afternoon. The 1:30 p.m., kick can be watched on CAA.tv.
Men’s Basketball (1-0)
Elon vs. Charlotte, Monday, Nov. 14, at 8 p.m., Alumni Gym
Elon at South Florida, Thursday, Nov. 17, at 7 p.m., Sun Dome (ESPN3)
• Elon prepares for home and road tests this week after starting the season on Friday night with a 101-68 victory over William Peace.
• Five players finished in double-figures for the Phoenix on Friday. Tyler Seibring scored a career-high 19 points. Sheldon Eberhardt, Dmitri Thompson, Brian Dawkins and Dainan Swoope also scored in double-figures.
• Watch today’s game against Charlotte exclusively on Phoenix All-Access. Thursday’s game at South Florida will be broadcasted on ESPN3. Listen to both games live on WSML 104.5 FM/1200 AM and on the TuneIn app with Taylor Durham and Ryan Meizinger on the call.
Women’s Basketball (0-1)
Elon vs. Rutgers, Monday, Nov. 14, at 5:30 p.m., Alumni Gym
Elon vs. Eastern Washington, Friday, Nov. 18, at 4:30 p.m., Mt. Pleasant, Mich.
Elon vs. Central Michigan/Furman, Saturday, Nov. 19, Mt. Pleasant, Mich.
• The Phoenix hosts its regular-season home opener today versus Rutgers at Alumni Gym at 5:30 p.m. This is the first-ever meeting between the Phoenix and the Scarlet Knights.
• Elon opened its season last Friday, Nov. 11, in the Preseason WNIT Tournament at Green Bay. The Phoenix suffered a 71-56 setback with Lauren Brown providing a team-high 17 points.
• Later this week, Elon continues its play in the Preseason WNIT as the Phoenix travels to Central Michigan to play Eastern Washington on Friday, Nov. 18. Elon will close out the week either against host Central Michigan or Furman the following day, Nov. 19.