CANTON, Mass. – Heather Munro earned the fifth top-five finish of her career as she placed second at the 2017 Boston College Intercollegiate on Tuesday, Sept. 25. The second-place showing matches her career-best.
As a team, Elon finished fifth in the 16-team event, posting a three-round score of 916 (306-302-308).
Munro, whose other top-two finish was a tie for second at the 2015 CAA Championships, was five-over at the turn before she birdied three of her final five holes to end her final round with a two-over 74, giving her a tournament score of 218. Over her three rounds, Munro carded 10 birdies, tied for the third most in the field of 87 players. She finished second in the field in par four scoring (+4) and third in par five scoring (-3). Munro finished one stroke back of individual medalist Elsa Diaz of Richmond.
Hilda Kristjansdottir wrapped up the tournament in a tie for 17th with a two-day mark of 228. The finish was the best of her Elon career. After a birdie on number six, she would make the turn at three-over. Over the back nine, Kristjansdottir added two more birdies, giving her 10 for the tournament to equal Munro.
Adel Vadkerti posted a final round mark of 77 to tie for 30th, gaining three places from the conclusion of Monday’s action. In her final round, Vadkerti shot a 77 that included one birdie.
Katherine Reilly picked up nine places over her final round of play, finished in a tie for 47th with a three-round score of 238. She had two birdies on her final round.
Rounding out the field for Elon was Haley Bookholdt who moved up five spots to tie for 79th. She ended with a 255.
Elon will return to play at the Pinehurst Challenge hosted by College of Charleston in Pinehurst, N.C. The event is scheduled to get underway on Oct. 8.
2017 Boston College Intercollegiate
Sept. 24-25 | Canton, Mass.
1. Richmond (301-291-295–887) +23
2. Boston College (295-302-301–898) +34
3. Georgetown (296-300-307–903) +39
4. Brown (304-306-302–912) +48
5. Elon (306-302-308–916) +52
T6. North Dakota State (302-311-315–928) +64
T6. FIU (313-302-313–928) +64
8. St. John’s (312-305-313–930) +66
9. South Dakota (320-305-310–935) +71
10. Ball State (315-310-316–941) +77
11. Fairleigh Dickinson (312-310-320–942) +78
12. Wofford (314-307-323–944) +80
13. Illinois State (314-305-326–945) +81
14. USC Upstate (312-310-324–956) +82
15. Wagner (322-311-325–958) +94
16. Lipscomb (329-312-345–986) +122
2. Heather Munro (73-71-74–218) +2
T17. Hilda Kristjansdottir (73-77-78–228) +12
T30. Adel Vadkerti (79-76-77–232) +16
T47. Katherine Reilly (81-78-79–238) +22
T79. Haley Bookholdt (88-85-82–255) +39