ELON, N.C. – Elon University women’s tennis defeated Charleston, 4-3, to secure its fourth-straight win on Sunday, April 11.
– Lizette Reding clinched the match for the Phoenix, taking down Halli Trinkle 6-3, 6-7, 7-6 (7-4) in a three-set battle on Sunday afternoon. Reding moved to 11-2 in the No. 3 singles slot and picked up her team-leading 14th singles win in the match.
– Olivia Archer got things rolling for Elon, defeating Kate Earnhardt 6-0, 6-2. Archer picked up her ninth singles win in the match and has now won seven of her last ten matches overall.
– Sibel Tanik gave the Phoenix a 3-2 lead in the match with her 6-4, 6-3 win over Slade Coetzee. The victory marked the 11th singles win for Tanik this season and moved her to 10-4 in the No. 2 slot.
– The combination of Victoria Saldh and Sofia Edo clinched the doubles point for the Phoenix, defeating Slade Coetzee and Anastasia Palaska 6-4. The win gave them their team-leading 11th doubles victory this season.
– Sibel Tanik and Olivia Archer picked up their seventh doubles victory this season in the match after finishing Clara Errard and Kate Earnhardt 6-1.
The Phoenix will be back in action on Saturday, April 17, when it hosts Davidson in its regular-season finale. That match is slated for 1 p.m. at the Jimmy Powell Tennis Center on Elon’s campus.
1. Eva Nyikos/Halli Trinkle (COFC) def. Alison O’Dea/Lizette Reding (ELON) 6-2
2. Olivia Archer/Sibel Tanik (ELON) def. Clara Errard/Kate Earnhardt (COFC) 6-1
3. Victoria Saldh/Sofia Edo (ELON) def. Slade Coetzee/Anastasia Palaska (COFC) 6-4
1. Eva Nyikos (COFC) def. Victoria Saldh (ELON) 6-0, 6-0
2. Sibel Tanik (ELON) def. Slade Coetzee (COFC) 6-4, 6-3
3. Lizette Reding (ELON) def. Halli Trinkle (COFC) 6-3, 6-7, 7-6 (7-4)
4. Olivia Archer (ELON) def. Kate Earnhardt (COFC) 6-0, 6-2
5. Anastasia Palaska (COFC) def. Sofia Edo (ELON) 6-2, 6-1
6. Clara Errard (COFC) def. Alison O’Dea (ELON) 6-2, 5-7, 6-2
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (1,4,5,2,6,3)