OK, Folks… Let’s not BLOW IT for the rest of the Country!
The 2010 Wyndham Championship, in cooperation with the PGA TOUR, is conducting a test throughout tournament week regarding the potential use of mobile devices by spectators at PGA TOUR events. To help enhance the overall fan experience and to add convenience, tournament spectators will be allowed to bring mobile devices onto Sedgefield Country Club property during the Wyndham Championship. Upon entering course property, tournament security and volunteers will require all fans to silence their mobile devices. Security and volunteers will also explain the mobile device policy and answer any questions fans may have.
- Mobile devices must be on silent at all times.
- Calls may only be made or received in the designated cell phone areas located near concession stands.
- Mobile devices may not be used to shoot video at any time during the week. Mobile devices may be used as cameras on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday only. When the official competition begins on Thursday, mobile devices may not be used as cameras.
- Violators that disrupt play in any manner with a mobile device and/or use them outside the designated areas, will be subject to mobile device confiscation and possible ejection from the tournament.
Signs with the following information will be placed in high-traffic areas during the Wyndham Championship:
MOBILE DEVICE TEST POLICY
- MOBILE DEVICE MUST BE ON SILENT OR VIBRATE
- CALLS PERMITTED IN DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY (CONSESSIONS AREAS)
- NO PHOTOGRAPHS OR VIDEO PERMITTED AFTER WEDNESDAY
- VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN CONFISCATION OF MOBILE DEVICE OR REMOVAL FROM THE TOURNAMENT*
- BE RESPECTFUL OF PLAY
* NEITHER THE TOURNAMENT NOR THE PGA TOUR SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO, OR THE LOSS OF, ANY CONFISCATED DEVICES.